Oh my gosh the holidays are almost here. I am so busy running around that I can’t even enjoy this time of year!
Sound familiar? Ya, I thought so.
Well, there’s no doubt about it – the holiday season is finally upon us! I am sure that many of us are spending these last few days busily trying to organize work projects, vacation time, shopping tasks, and family visits… but how many of us are making time to take care of ourselves? I know it’s important to give to others, but you certainly cannot ‘pour from an empty cup’ and you definitely don’t want to ‘spread yourself too thin’…
As a person who used to ‘burn the candle at both ends’, I am quite aware that if you just take a little bit of time to rest and relax, you will have so much more of yourself to share with others.
So, here’s a list of 10 reasons why pampering yourself with a nice massage can be of great benefit this holiday season:
- A massage can help increase energy levels – which is especially helpful… well, pretty much always
2. A massage can reduce tension in the body – because who needs to carry extra tension?
3. A massage can increase endorphin release – helping you feel more festive and jolly this season!
4. A massage can decrease symptoms of stress and anxiety – two issues that can be quite common around the holidays
5. A massage can help promote relaxation and sleep – certainly helpful to get a good night’s sleep, especially during this busy time
6. A massage can help to eliminate pain in sore areas of the body – why not wipe the ‘pain slate’ clean as we head into a new year?
7. A massage can offer some much-needed uninterrupted rest – you’ll finally have some down time to enjoy the present moment!
8. A massage can help boost the immune system – not a bad thing to have during flu season
9. A massage can also help to normalize and regulate blood pressure – not a bad thing to have during the season of treats
10. A massage can promote a positive sense of health and well-being – which like ripples on a pond will benefit those around you!
So there you have it – my top 10 reasons why massage therapy can be highly beneficial around the holidays. This time of year may be crazy, but you shouldn’t feel completely exhausted because of it. Please call us at (289) 427-0240 or visit us online to book a massage with our lovely therapist, Ashley before the year’s end.
As this is my last blog for the year, I would like to wish you all a very happy holiday… May it be filled with love, laughter, and wonderful things! Thank you for such a great year everyone – see you in 2019!
Please note that content on this website is intended for informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other health care professional. Information provided on this site is neither meant to create or substitute a patient-practitioner relationship; nor diagnose or treat a health problem, symptom or disease. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. Always speak with your qualified physician or other health care professional before using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.