Have you ever wondered if your pelvic floor could use some work? Are you unsure as to whether or not specialized physiotherapy would be beneficial to you? Well, look no further…
Read and answer each of the following questions to see if pelvic floor physiotherapy might be right for you:
1. Do you urinate more than eight times per day?
2. Do you wake up in the middle of the night to urinate?
3. Do you strain / don’t feel empty after urinating?
4. Do you experience urine or bowel loss during a cough, sneeze, workout, or while on your way to the bathroom?
5. Do you feel pressure, heaviness, or protrusion in the vaginal or rectal regions?
6. Do you experience acute or chronic pain in the low back, sacrum, tailbone, or pubic regions?
7. Do you have less than one bowel movement every three days?
8. Do you strain / don’t feel empty after having a bowel movement?
9. Do you have shooting pains or numbness into the buttocks, groin, legs, or feet?
10. Do you experience pain during intercourse?
11. Do you experience significant cramping or abnormal bleeding during your menstrual cycle?
12. If pregnant, are you interested in developing good core and breathing habits in order to prepare for birth?
13. If pregnant, would you like to avoid postpartum pelvic floor dysfunction?
14. Have you been diagnosed with one or more of the following?
- Bladder Pain Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Pudendal Neuralgia / Sciatica
- Levator Ani Syndrome / Avulsion
- SI Joint Dysfunction
- Vulvodynia / Vestibulodynia
- Rectus Diastasis or ‘Mummy Tummy’
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
- Chronic Yeast or Urinary Tract Infections
- Chronic Non-Bacterial Prostatitis
- Erectile Dysfunction / Premature Ejaculation
15. Would you like to develop and maintain a strong deep core that works efficiently throughout your activities of daily living?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then pelvic floor physiotherapy might be right for you! Either way, it’s always a good idea to routinely ensure that all parts of the body are functioning at the most optimum, am I right?
If you have any questions or concerns related to your specific needs, please feel free to contact me at Lumira Pelvic Health & Wellness (289) 427-0240 or firstname.lastname@example.org, I would be happy to hear from you!
Please note that content on this website is intended for informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other health care professional. Information provided on this site is neither meant to create or substitute a patient-practitioner relationship; nor diagnose or treat a health problem, symptom or disease. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking professional advice because of something you have read on this website. Always speak with your qualified physician or other health care professional before using any treatment for a health problem. If you have or suspect you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider.